Friday 17 April 2020

If you don't have savings, you gonna drown in this "rainy day"

Date: 13/04/2020 (Mon)



I fell into an unhealthy cycle of waking up in the afternoon, the first meal of the day was done at 3pm.
I pan fried rice cake and Sadia chicken burger for Luis and myself.  I could had shaped the rice cakes into round shape to stack up as chicken rice burger.  Pan fried rice cake was less strenuous than usual fried rice, so I'll be doing this quite often from now. 

PapaVoo bought back dinner.  He said my stingray with egg and clams were only $7 with half a bowl of sambal.

In the mid nite, a piece of sad news came, a family friend's father passed away.  My sis in Oman was crying as she couldn't fly back to Singapore to be with one of her best friend of more than 20 years.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 14/04/2020 (Tues)


I prepared instant dry noodles and stir fry pork shabu with leek as topping.
While others always run out of idea of what to cook, I always have numerous recipes seen online.
I don't like complicating dishes with a long list of ingredients, must be easy, else I'll be too exhausted to eat after cooking.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 15/04/2020 (wed)



Gotten $600 from our garmen liao.  Some people were encouraging others to donate the money to the needy.  It's very noble and kind lah but I am going to keep it for dear life.  We don't know how long this "rainy day" is going to last..... $600 can feed my family for a month sia.

You know I came across someone which I didn't know in person who does voluntary and charity work like helping out the poor and old, bring them see doc, give them food etc... like every weekends.  From what I read (I may be wrong), she was still doing her work on 5 Apr.  And suddenly, she and her husband went out of job!!??  Now her family is having difficulties to meet ends with a old mother and a young child.  She is such a kind lady but she doesn't have any savings??

Saving for unexpected emergencies is so important.  The first thing I want to do after this stupid COVID is to see my father and look for a job.  When things are more stable, then hopefully we all can fly again...

I really don't know how to deal with wraps.
So the kids and I just any how roll up and eat.

Took Grab to Singapore Casket for the wake.  Talked to the driver a bit, he damn suay.  He lost his job one year ago, found a job last late Dec, was about to start work, this COVID came, the company was not able to start, so he's jobless again.  Driving Grab was ok for the first 2 months, and now, we all know what happened lah...

Paid respect to my friend's father, sat with her, learnt how to fold a ingot.  I am a free thinker, so any religion practice it's fine to me.
It's so sad and so painful.

I went back home by train.
Reached Tampines Interchange and it was as crowded and as busy as before CB.  I took a bus and went back home ASAP.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...