Thursday 4 July 2024

2nd half of April 2024

17/04/2024 

Yummy dinner from my house's coffee shop, was close to $10, nearly not enough money to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18/04/2024

Solo branch.  Salmon dumplings really not nice, threw away the rest.  It was a FOC item from some purchase.  CP wanton was still good, though not as good as Angliss's.  But they no more selling to end users already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22/04/2024

Came to pick up my old man from airport, though I am quite useless not being able to drive.

Useless me.

Malaysians and Taiwanese (they were more rural) went waawaawaa... over this little 3D fountain.  We were like... ok lor, thank you guys for loving Singapore.

Ate with old man at Swee Choon in T2 itself, he was a happy old kid, very cute at times.

My present, heehee... LifeWork black sling, so cool.

He bought some food which I thought of giving some to Darren.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23/04/2024

I went to an alteration tailor, it closed on me, urrrggg...
I bought a kebaya from Shein instead of Geylang, cos it's so much cheaper.  But it came way too big, so ya... had to make another trip.

Walked to Tampines Centre.

Wanted to eat but was craving for steamboat at the same time.

Solo shabu shabu dinner.  Love it!  Ate slowly, ultimate shiokness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24/04/2024

Not sure what's the agenda, dinner with old man at Express White Bee Hoon at basement of Tampines Mall.
Spinach with clear water??

Nice tofu but why in metal bowl??  Metal bowls/plates are for food prep (to me).  I find using metal bowls/plates for serving is very.... not nice (If you are using metal bowls at home for serving, please don't come and pick a fight with me.  It's your preference and I have no intention to poke into your style).

Another metal bowl of curry fish slices, tasted not bad, but I couldn't get over the eye sore of metal bowls...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27/04/2024

Intention was to go for Yakiniku dinner as a birthday treat for Luis.  Ended up in Maze Soba.  Nevertheless, it was good and we were full to the brim.
Burst belly meal it was.

Then we went for a 15mins facial lolxx... it was $25 or $35, couldn't remember and the experience was comfortable and nice.  They used suction machine to clear the sebum which impressed me.  This was at Paya Lebar but I forgotten which building liao.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29/04/2024

Solo brunch.  I find peace being solo.  It was for a brief few hours I was single minding my own business.

Was married again when old man came back.  Indian rojak closed on us, had no choice but to go to the nearest restaurant for dinner.  We had sinful local (not authentic) korean BBQ.
God knew how many kg I had put on...

The baby squids were the most delicious thing in the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30/04/2024

Got out of Chinatown station and completely lost.  I am more familiar with Shinjuku than in Singapore Chinatown, kill me lolxx...

After messaging old man, got out from the right exit.  Buying souvenirs for Darren's colleagues and new friends in Mauritius.  I felt that it's nice to bring something over instead of arriving empty handed.

Look of the sibei hot day.

It's difficult to get it cheap and nice.  Too expensive cannot tahan, I had 30pax (bought more at the end), too cheap quality CMI.

Went to the street booth for Vietnam egg coffee.

Was $1+ when I had it in Da Nang, here $6+ haiz... But cravings satisfied.

Being mistaken as a tourist lolxx...  I am authentic Singaporean, born here, raised up here.  But I must have lost all the bad or good "qualities" of a typical Singaporean.

Selfie with Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
Nothing majestic compared to those in China, but still managed to attract some tourists.
Waiting for old man to knock off and meet me.

Found dinner place.

Not too ex and was interesting to me.

They had 2 mouthfuls $1.90 item.

$5.90 yong tau foo.

I had cheese seafood bee hoon.
Taste was milky instead of chessy.

We had one $1.90 pork lard rice with sunny up egg.

At the end we had tote bags, pouches, pens, keychains, nail chippers and a deck of poker cards.
I did the right thing, Darren's peers were so happy.  Despite of getting more than 30pax which he requested, it wasn't quite enough.  Luckily we had some tibits to distribute a bit.

That's for Apr in a dash.  This is back dated, now it's Jul, half of 2024 gone sia...

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st half of Jul

01/07/2024 Brunch with one son.  Corn soup + burger steak with rice. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 02/07/2024 Kid sis birthday. 炭香 again but t...