Tuesday 28 January 2020

Mid Jan


It was quite a tough patch, but my father managed to pull through.  I wouldn't say that we are good, but we made it alive (literally).  The busiest first few days of CNY is finally over.  PapaVoo has gone back to work, Darren starting his vocation, Luis gone back to school for his last semester and me, home alone at long last, back to the keyboards.

So I got plenty to update, glad that few of you are reading, sharing my life story....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Date: 08/01/2020 (Wed)


I am losing friends cos I don't initiate meet ups.  But whenever ppl jio me, I will turn up unless I am working or in hospital (so damn frequently).  However, it's not enough, ppl initiate until sian liao...

So when a Hokkaido travel mate jio, I was happy to crawl out of my shell although I was a little tired.  Sigh..... since when I am not tired anyway.

We had a meal a Ma-Maison Takashimaya, talked a lot about our children, miraculously I felt a lot better, really.  We struggled so much as a mother, we looked fine on the appearance, nobody will ever know what we been through.
It was quiet around 11.30am, so we could hog the table guilt-free.

We shared sea-food paella, I was treating this as my last meal of seafood before surgery.

She wanted salmon, so this was it.

Glad to be at Takashima's CNY food bazar, it's way better than Chinatown (to each's own).
I bought truffle ships, KALE pineapple balls and bandung pineapple tarts.

Also bought a small ceramic pot at $29, good for 1pax porridge or instant noodles.
The color matches my black kitchen, the colorful lid is brilliant.

Took a photo outside Chomel's pop-up store.
Can't wait to see the real sakura.... I haven't book airtix, still waiting for Luis's school schedule.

Didn't mange to persuade my friend to do pedi with me.  So I went after she left.  This China aunty was giving out leaflet at Wisma, I gave it a try without pinning any hopes.  The salon was at Lucky Plaza.
It turned out to be one of the best pedi ever.  While my massage was still unbeatable (some of you may know I used to be a manicurist), my cuticles were all cleared.

A conservative reddish pink but I like it.  Fat feet 2 shades fairer heehee...
 DIY pedi is difficult cos my fat tummy is obstructing a lot, but I probably doing mani myself when CNY is nearer.

I ta bao yong tau foo for hubby which was at the same floor.  Then he came to pick me up at TANGS avoiding the ERP, heehee...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Date: 09/01/2020 (Thurs)


2 more bow cushions came from TaoBao, my sofa looked a million dollars now.
Absolutely pleased with myself lolxx....

The flower arrange was completed, thanks to hubby who bought the CNY decor piece which covered the glass vase completely.
Since yesterday I was out, housework was accumulated.  Each day I am not at home, the next day I have to "pay back".  You probably will ask how dirty the house can be, I can tell you, VERY.  Visible dust and hair everywhere, every corner, I die.....

I will take a pic of my floor wipe to show one of these days, heehee...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Date: 10/01/2020 (Fri)


Back to Changi Hospital again, yay..... urrrg.....
The cyst somehow turned black and big over the week.  It's infected and the surgery was arranged quickly on 13rd.  Fees can be covered by Medisave but my main concern is still the scar.  There's no way out other than giving my cheek a knife to get the rotting pus out.  I am really upset that I have to go through this.  Only Luis 安慰 me, hubby didn't bother.  I began to wonder if I will be better off single, only god knows.

Had some jap beef with rice set at the hospital's food court and it's not nice sia.
I will have plenty of chance to try other stalls anyway.

Hubby came home half day, so I suggested to go Jurong Point to look for bed sheets before fetching Darren from HTA.  Thank goodness, we found something he likes and within the budget.

Malaysia Boheh food court now less crowd after the expansion.

Tea break was great.
We ta bao dinner and fetch our precious son home.  My body ache all over, calling it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...