Sunday 29 March 2020

May everybody be safe...

Date: 24/03/2020 (Tues)


I left my bed later and later as days went by which is not very healthy.
This day was 2.30pm.  After which I worked my way through with house from 3 to 6pm, so much so that my ankle hurts.

But looking at the news, despite of all the efforts, cases were increasing everyday.
I wouldn't be surprise if there's a partial lock down.  So I die die had to stock up 10 days of food.

Went IKEA for dinner.  They were controlling the number of people entering the cafe.  I almost walked away at the sight of the queue.  I gave it max of 15mins, luckily we gotten in within 10mins.
Salted egg fried wings were freaking yummy.  I had lobster pasta but I lost the pic >.<

We bought meatballs, hot dog, frozen waffles and pancakes from IKEA before going to GIANT.

Nothing to panic about yet, so won't buy excessively.  Also when I was buying, I was already thinking if my kitchen cabinets can store them or not.  There's no way I'll leave things on my kitchen counters, EVERYTHING must be kept.

Bought a packet of toilet rolls and other stuffs spending about $130 which is about the same amount I would spend normally if I go GIANT.  The supermarket was actually slightly more crowded then usual weekdays.  Some brands of canned food were sold out but I guess couldn't be too fussy during this period of time.

Came back home, packed until I die.  I was dead on bed and saw this:
Not sure if this would induce another wave of panic buys for idiots.  Glad that I did my shopping and wouldn't had to force myself with the crowd.

Roti prata on bed, couldn't sleep until 4am,


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 25/03/2020 (Wed)


Gave myself a break from house work, cooked dinner.  Boiled broccoli, pan fried cheese tofu and steam chicken with chicken essence.
  Nowadays I cooked brunch for myself almost everyday but seldom dinner cos the kids are always not around and my old man also don't really appreciate.  He said I spend too much money on buying groceries (which had really pissed me off but no point arguing farther), actually he rather spend the money on ta bao, so be it.  Shouldn't be complaining cos it's easier and less tiring for me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 26/03/2020 (Thurs)


I kept a few pieces of the marinated chicken from yesterday's dinner.  
I pan fried the chicken, then cracked an egg and added lettuce, poured the whole lot onto 出前一丁.  Ate at 2.30pm and was too full for dinner after that.  However didn't lost any weight even with one meal a day lolxx...

Oman will be shutting down their airports completely on 29th, my sis decided to stay.  Nobody knows if this is the correct choice.   I just want her to be safe and sound.  God please watch over my poor little cat who's all alone there.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 27/03/2020 (Fri)


First meal of the day at 3pm >.<
Pumpkin porridge, then I pan fried SPAM luncheon and egg to go with.  This is so good, I need to cook this combi again.

I am secretly hoping that this type of social distant will go on forever.
No more ppl queuing behind me breathing down my neck and no more sitting next to strangers where I want to talk to my family also difficult.  But what about buses and MRT??

It's not working....
A total lock down will cause a lot of inconvenience and panic.  The gov allows the malls to remain open so that people still can purchase what they need.  But from what I see people are taking this from granted.  Die die need to go out, die die wants window shopping.  If this goes on, I think will have no choice but to leave only supermarkets and pharmacies open, the rest close.

Other than my cancelled Japan trip, life is basically the same for me with or without COVID-19.  I am very protected in my own "cave" unless, suay suay le hubby or my son who's working and greatly exposed outside kena and bring home the virus, then it will be 天意 liao, choy choy choy....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...