Sunday 26 July 2020

When my char siew tasted better than restaurants

Date: 22/07/2020 (Wed)


Brunch, egg prata for Luis and me.

I made lemongrass lime juice, only me finds it nice.

Intelligence of many nations are being exposed under COVID, Singapore no exception.

Dinner.

I made chicken with orange sauce out of Jap karaage chicken cos there was this one and only orange sitting in the fridge going to rot soon.

Bought this seafood in banana leaf from SHC, not bad, just that the fish was still not cooked after 15mins in oven.  I took it out and pan seared it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Date: 23/07/2020 (Thurs)

Hubby ordered ice-cream from his new idol Wang Lei.  Surprisingly as good as expensive gelato at almost half the price.

I made Luis fried rice and myself porridge with the last piece of cod.
Soft food is better for my poor butt.

PapaVoo ta bao dinner, so that I could take a break.  Had great fun watching SHC Live and merrily +1 +1 at the same time learning some recipes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 24/07/2020 (Fri)


Made yummy non-photogenic food that Darren likes before he went to work.

Packing took sometime every time delivery arrived.
Loving my long working top with plenty of space.

First purchase of iberico pork jowl after seeing so much rave.....

And I took so long to find out what's the rave about.
The fats became invisible or rather melted in between the meat after oven.  It's bursting with juice, very very soft, no need to chew.  It's so far the best char siew we ever eaten, no restaurants we tried can beat this.  Another item that I will not eat outside any more since it's so easy to prepare.

Other food that I won't buy out since I can cook within them with my limited ability are:

1) mua chee
($2 only a few pieces, $2 I can make a soup bowl of it to feed a kampong)

2) chong qing mala grill fish
(those at foodcourts/coffee shop really CMI using deep fried fish, restaurants cost almost a hundred bucks, which we will probably spend once in a blue moon)

3) foie gras
(why would I spend $30 over for something I can make in 2mins with the same taste at around $6)

4) yakitori chicken
(did we go back to Tori Q since I learnt how to grill them?)

5) oyakodon
(mine version is upsize with more eggs and meat, and more flavorful, heehee...)

A success and a failure, I flopped my roast pork again.
Dinner was still good, cos the char siew was incredible.

Naughty Luis, after buying tickets to USSR then let us know.
But I know it's difficult for a young and lively to stay home like an old woman like me.  Scold him a bit but didn't make it too harsh.   Even made him and his gf sandwich for lunch, where to find such a good mother lolxx...
Please be happy and safe my son.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...