Wednesday 30 March 2022

Life in Abu Dhabi, UAE - DAY 2

 Date: 18/03/2022 (Fri)


Update is slow cos I am spending time with my sis though my itinerary is not packed at all.  Thank you for waiting and coming back....

I woke at 7am which was 3am Singapore time.
If I were to wake up this early everyday, I'll get to see sunrise right from the balcony wearing pyjamas with smelly mouth and messy hair, nobody cares lolxx..

Made scrambled eggs and coffee to go with leftovers ta bao from last night's dinner.
Looked as if I was in a balcony of a cruise ship, my baby sis's place must be every Singaporean's dream.  While here in Abu Dhabi, it's so common cos they have many islands here and many condos are build at the coast line.

I absolutely love the weather.

I helped to organise the kitchen a little before stepping out for a walk around the neighbourhood.
Other than the supermarket, the other places bo lang one, not much cars around also.

If you don't get a sea view apartment, how about one with water canal view?

Very very windy de.....

I thought it was a cafe from the google map but ended up was a food kiosk, so I ta bao a burger back. 


Was half running back home cos I didn't want it to get cold.

This little egg and bacon burger costed me S$9, I might as well cook at home....

My baby sis made me walked a lot by taking a longer route to Reem Park.  It was so windy and cold that I wished I had my winter jacket.

It was a lively park with food trucks.  Young children were cycling, older kids were playing basket ball, adults were relaxing, everybody was having a good time.  It's not mandatory to wear mask outdoors, but I kept mine on cos of the crowd.


Night view across the shore with buildings sparkling with lights which my phone cam couldn't capture well.

Other than food trucks there's also a few cafes.


We found Ritual Cafe.  They didn't have an extensive menu but we made do.

Rose latte was a slit throat of AED32, I think dinning out is so expensive.

Sweet potato fries AED19, cheaper and the small glass of latte.

Some chicken cutlet rice with a mess of avocado AED60 which was around S$22, so ex, tourist like me how to tahan.

It's ramen on the menu, not the exact ramen but not too bad.

Another cute food truck.

Quiet skate park below a highway.

We walked back with a shorter route over this bridge.  I was amused by the soft foam on the ground, it's the same material we find in local playgrounds.

We made a short trip to LuLu Express Supermarket before heading home.

Found the cutest 7up.

The next day was a long day to the desert which we stayed over night.  Every photo looked amazing but it's going to be too much if I load everything here, I try my best.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...