Sunday 22 March 2020

Minimizing damages...

Date: 16 & 17/03/2020


Was home the whole day.  While some fuss about quarantines, it's just normally how I live.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 18/03/2020 (Wed)


Ate brunch while video calling with my sisters.
My baby sis in Oman who's usually very independent and strong becomes vulnerable now.  She's rather upset to be all alone and now she's working from home.  So we have to keep talking to her.  It seems that she is considering flying back.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 19/03/2020 (Thurs)


After a few tries of calling and trying to get things done on the website, I headed to SQ's Service Center at ION.  I was all ready to camp there the whole day.
There was a short queue with more than 10 staffs carrying ipads helping.  One of them came to assist me to cancel the existing flight, retained the tickets with an open date till Mar 2021.  So I "escaped" the queue and things were all done in 15mins.

Initially I thought since we missed Spring, we might make it in Autumn.  But looking at the grief situation in Europe, really have to wait for next year le....

I went for lunch at some Jap eatery at B2:
Gotten grilled eel with a bit of beef.

After lunch slowly make my way to Shiseido since I am not going to Japan any more.
Bought 2 honey cakes (cos the thailand soap finish liao) and a purifying face mask which is damn good for skin prone to pimples.

My stay at ION was really brief and I went back home.  Decided that I should get everything done this day, went to POSB when I was back at Tampines.  Failed the temperature screening, so I stood outside and tried again after 5mins.  I will know if I have fever cos my body will ache and turn jelly.  So I was fine, just warm under this kind of weather.  After getting in, the banker told me I had to wait till the maturity date in Apr before I can "renew" the account, haiz..... damn sian de.

Went NTUC Income.  Surprisingly it's not busy, infact rather quiet.  I wonder why didn't they reply to my e-mail then??
Anyway the young chap who helped me was very friendly.  Made a hotel cancellation claim, and the other one booked through Expedia might have a problem since they never reply to my cancellation.  It's going to be my first and last time with Expedia.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...