Wednesday 29 April 2020

From Italy to Japan in the kitchen

Date: 26/04/2020 (Sun)



Risk our life again to supermarket at Century Sq.  On the way popped by J-Mart with a short queue.  A pair of mother and daughter came out empty handed then walked to the escalator and left.  No sure they couldn't find what they wanted or merely doing window shopping and waste everybody's time, haiz....  I grabbed rolled barley, cream puffs and seaweed.

The supermarket was more crowded than before CB.  But since the community cases are getting lesser, I don't feel that scared any more.  But if I can find an online option other than choked up NTUC/RedMart/Giant, I really rather not step out of the house.  Even after CB, I will still stay in my cave for another 10 or 14 days till every pinch of virus is dead and never back.

Gotten most of the groceries, left out a few items only to realise when I am home (as usual always).

Ta bao dinner from the same floor Boon Tong Kee (文东记), was happy with every bite including the chilli and onions lolxx...
Signature steam chicken rice came with a meat ball, broccoli, achar and thai sauce tofu.
太好吃了!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 27/04/2020 (Mon)


Spending almost the whole day kitchen.

Lunch carbonara macaroni, the kids licked the bowl clean.
Used 2 egg yolks for these, egg whites kept for dinner cooking, nothing was wasted.  I so clever lolxx...

I made Dalgona coffee intending to share with Luis, but when I came back after all the washing, the whole glass was gone too.  He gave me that innocent poor puppy look some more and I was totally defeated by his cuteness.
He hates HBL, he wanted to go to school very much.  His brother sat with him accompany for a lesson, both laughing enjoying cringing at the teacher's voice, kinda ya ya papaya that he knows all the questions.

Lunch Italian, dinner Japanese.
Gyudon was legit with onsen egg.

Let the kids had more beef, PapaVoo and I made stomach space for pan fried egg plant.  The egg whites were used here.
Glazed with BBQ sauce, this was so crazy yummy!  No enough!

Dinner was completed with easy miso soup with seaweed, a few strands of spinach and tofu.

The cooking was all done in 50mins but I sibei tired already.  I am a very lazy person.  Haven't even find time to bake after CB for so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...