Saturday 27 June 2020

Need crowd to die down so that I can live up lolxx...

Date: 21/06/2020 (Sun)


Fathers' Day.

Can't help feeling so sad that my old father is on tube feeding, no longer able to enjoy food :(    So....... haiz..... 人生短短,must 惜福.

Normally this day is not as "hiong" as Mothers' Day.  But now every F&B is trying every means to attract customers, social media got thousand and one promotions.  Needless to say this gave thousand and one complaints with ppl who gotten their food cold and late and some doesn't even get their food.  Then complain also no use, day spoil already, refund or compensate also "buay song" liao.  People just won't learnt, I don't know why.

Ordinary Auntie's advise:
DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT dine out or order food on human marked dates like Valentines, Father Mother days and other holidays.  Just go coffee shop to ta bao if you can't cook.  Why must die die celebrate on the day leh?  Can celebrate earlier or later dates right?  Why die for commercial special promotion leh?  If you want to take the risk cos it's so cheap and you think the restaurant is reputable with excellent reviews, then go ahead but do not whine when things goes wrong, cos you asked for it.

Due to Covid and the above reason, cook at home lor.  Now kitchen is my work place lolxx...  But the job not paid, only got allowances to cover my handphone bill and insurance.

We had sicilian stew lobster while the kids korean pork belly (kinda too salty, but still can make do
>.<).

Very, 幸福 very 满足.  I did aglio olio on the point this time.

With my humble basic cooking skills plus good ingredients from Singapore Home Cooks, CB, extra CB, whatever phase, my family also not afraid, we don't have any urge to dine out le.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 22/06/2020 (Mon)


Went Century Sq, avoiding Tamp Mall.

Went Tott walk walk, bo lang.
Saw the exact same bento tray I bought from TaoBo at double the price.
Couldn't manage to find pork lard, so make do with pork belly.

Dinner.  Got Bedok 85 Feng San feel or not lolxx...

1st time doing hokkien mee, the boys say pass!
Will be perfect if I could find pork lard, but this was legit with a good dose of daishi powder.

Pre marinated chicken and pork satay from SHC.
I put the first batch on the lower rack, not too good, the 2nd batch top rack got more char.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 23/06/2020 (Tues)


Still have hokkien mee noodles, I cooked it with miso.

Luis said it was amazing.

After brunch we went IKEA. 
Entering no prob but inside was very crowded, worst than CNY.

I just grabbed what I need and leave the place ASAP.  Maybe have to wait till July for the crowd to die down.  I realize I need ppl to die down so that I can live up waahaahaaa...
I gotten a 6pax serving set, I thought was black, turned out to be dark grey which was better!  Also side dish holders and 2 packs of ziplocks.  Luckily Luis was with me to carry back for me, it's so heavy.  Looking forward to use the new serving set on Fri.

Give myself a break ta bao dinner from Ah Lock Kitchen.

PapaVoo ate their burger.

Like their MJK especially the creaming peanut filling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...