Monday 3 August 2020

How does your condiments section looks like?

Date: 27/07/2020 (Mon)



Blogger changed their format.  The layout is cleaner but now photos have to be loaded one by one instead of a batch cos they messed up the sequence automatically.  Not sure why....

Still had some beef bulgogi left in fridge, I cooked them up for brunch, cutting into smaller pieces.
Out of habit I put in sugar, totally forgotten the bulgogi was already sweet....  So it was quite a disaster.
Darren made some noise but I took it as a constructive feedback.  Luis however was so sweet, he scolded Darren and told him to be more appreciative.  After a few minutes Darren came to talk to me to make sure I wasn't angry.  My sons are finally grown up and sensible, there's nothing more I can ask for le.....

Video called my baby sis cos last night I dreamt that she was died of COVID and the god damn hospital didn't return her body to me.  I woke up in total shock and took me many minutes to realise it's a dream.  Oman has more 1K cases daily.  People don't wear mask, people still gather, but as I am typing this, their government just implemented curfew.

Am I getting old or not, just feel myself less alert nowadays.  After a few wrong condiments put in dishes, I finally gotten the bottles labelled.
Most things are here and a few more are in the fridge.  So here's my condiment drawer, I wonder how's other people's like?

Watching MasterChef.  While don't understand why the contestants keep sending out raw or undercooked food (Their intelligence level and sense of responsibility is just not there??  Your dish can be ugly or not tasty, but raw???), there are some episodes which I think I will fail miserably if I am there.
Such as preparing the lamb racks, fillet a whole fish, portion out a whole chicken, anything that has got to do with knives, I have no chance to master it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 28/07/2020 (Tues)



Brunch for Luis and me.
You are looking at brioche buns kiap beef balls, scramble eggs, provolone cheese and some cucumber slices.

I am thinking of going for a good walk, if it's deserted enough, we can probably go without masks.

Dinner, the marinated chicken from SHC tasted ok only.  My fish soup was spot on and for the first time it wasn't enough.  Cos my family never drink soups I made, I make soup for myself only.
I flopped my 三色蛋 cos the container was too big and I was too greedy to use 2 century eggs.
The next try will be perfect for sure.

Milky broth achieved without faking it with condense milk.  The trick was seared ginger slices with sesame oil and add in hot water to make the soup.
A lot of times, it's so simple but most hawkers prefers the shortest route and most people thought that's the way when actually it's a waste of calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2nd half of Jul

 16/07/2024 Stepped out of LifeLong Academy for a breather (actually to buy coffee also).  Saw a very talented musician.  Felt sad for him, ...