Sunday 9 August 2020

It takes some courage to cook new dishes

 Date: 04/08/2020 (Tues)


Cooked for little Luis and myself brunch, risotto with luncheon meat, heehee...

After eating sneaked out, I looked like a fat bird with this mask.

Scan here scan there, annoyed the hell out of me.  The old grandma guarding the entrance of Daiso wasn't polite, so I didn't need to be courteous either.  So much hassle to get in but no ash tray, not a single piece of laundry net, they never stock up...

Finally found chilli powder at J-mart after 2 weeks.

Other than usual teriyaki sauce also bought garlic paste for the first time to try.


Dinner:
First time eating and preparing hamachi collar.  It didn't look appealing so I had never ordered this in restaurants before.  I had nothing else to top up to fill up the minimum purchase, so I added in hamachi collars after the host successfully bait me.

Initially was in baking mode, but after 15mins, still no coloring.  I got impatient and turned to grill mode.  In 5mins time, got color got flavor.
Thank goodness it didn't dry out.  It's crazy juicy.  So I am now looking into jap fishes instead of eating the same old cod, salmon, grouper and seabass.  It sure takes a bit of courage to buy new things to cook.  You know, if you ruin your dish, it's as good as dumping money into the drain.

I don't know what is this called.  It's a stew duck drum in savory tomato sauce, cooked and frozen from SHC.  Taste not bad although it looked all black here lolxx..

Stir fried the last bunch of organic chives with mushrooms.

Purposely cooked less so as to have some space for waffle ice-cream.
Purposely asked hubby to buy an ice-cream scoop, cheap cheap one anyway.

The top is obviously chocolate ice-cream, the bottom one is lychee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 05/08/2020 (Wed)


I broke an egg.  The last time was many many years back ba...

I saw on FB that air fry eggs 11mins at 100 degrees produces perfect soft boil eggs.  So I tried and yes!

Bought ready made roast pork from SHC since I fail to make them.  The skin wasn't crispy enough and I still served.  Now I know how those Masterchef contestants screwed themselves up.
I should had seared the skin on the pan which I am sure it will help if I did, haiz....  The consolation was the korean sauce was really nice.

Tom yum soup was really bad, I think I ruined it by putting in lemongrass powder.
So we ate all the ingredients and left the soup alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2nd half of Jul

 16/07/2024 Stepped out of LifeLong Academy for a breather (actually to buy coffee also).  Saw a very talented musician.  Felt sad for him, ...