Thursday 20 August 2020

It's challenging to deal with ingredients that are not so fresh...

 Date: 13 /08/2020 (Thurs)


Blogger is not loading photos again.  I'll post whatever that goes through.....

Yakitori became too dry when I tried to use a new sauce which doesn't brown.

I am getting the pasta texture right nowadays but I am still not used to the fact that (very) aggressive seasonings are needed.
This ugly plate scooped by hubby, but he was the only help I could get.  Anyway, the taste wasn't too bad with bacon, light soya and mayo.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Date: 14/08/2020 (Fri)


Darren's big plate before he went to work.
You are looking at sourdough slices bought from SHC, scrambled eggs (again), beef topped for caramel onion sauce, one egg tart and half cheese tart.

The kids had Mcdonald's for dinner while I cooked fish bee hoon for myself.
Purposely didn't want too much soup.

After dinner, I started to make breakfast for the next day lolxx...

KOREAN ABALONE PORRIDGE
cos normally people have this as the first meal the day to absorb all the nutrients better.

Abalones from Sea King were really cheap, at least 2X or 3X cheaper than SHC's.  So I need to have a "backup" if this key ingredient fail.

So as expect, it did.  Upon cleaning, I found they were not as fresh, as in the mouths weren't pink.
My "backup" was to add in diced chicken.

Chicken in porridge never fails, with or without abalone.
When it's done, I put it into the thermal pot so that hubby could have it the next day morning while I was still sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Date: 15/08/2020 (Sat)


The porridge was really yummy.

I told him that he could heat up if he preferred pipping hot, he did, and burnt the pot.
Luckily the burnt was removed after soaking with hot water and some strong powder I bought online.

Lobster tails from Sea King, one was fresh, the other one wasn't.
I think I have to be selective on what to get from them.
I probably did thaw them enough.  They were still under cooked after boiling.  I gave them a stir fry with butter and kinda over cooked them.

Not the best but managed to get a decent lobster roll for PapaVoo and hot dogs for Luis.


Dinner, I poured pull pork into spaghetti.  Kitchen chores seemed endless.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...