Wednesday 18 August 2021

Minimizing in a comfortable way

 Date: 09/08/2021 (Mon)


I was re-organizing beneath the counter top of the master bath.
And I finally remembered to take a "Before" pic lolxx....
What happened was, PapaVoo would always buy excess cos he couldn't see the toiletries I stored in the boxes.  There was once he had 4 packets of bath gels sia.  Some items were too big and the containers don't have enough space.  At the left hand side were my cleaning tools and detergents in a container which was too big.  Never mind about the floor, I couldn't remove the rust stains. 

I took out everything, gave the area a nice sanitized wipe down.  The cleaning tools and detergents, still at the left side are now in a small tray.  The extra toiletries are put on the double deck shelve.  PapaVoo's main "concern" are only his shower gel, shampoo and toothpaste which I put them on the top shelve so that he can see even though he is blind.  I put new toothbrushes and extra combs in the pink container.  Bottom shelve are all my rubbish of facial cleansers, shower gels and talcum powder which I am trying to clear them off before buying.
The big box in the middle are bulky body scrubs and lens solutions, the little yellow tub contains new razors.

The above is covered up with a short curtain, well done, I love myself.

Evening, I asked PapaVoo to bring me to SingPost's Skechers.  I wanted to get a dark color pair of shoes to replace the one that gave way.  However, I changed my mind and decided that I can make do without one.  I am going to take out my grey Nike which I 不舍得穿 . Will do with that whenever I need to wear a dark pair of shoes.  I am trying to cut down on dressing since I am staying at home.  It's always not too late to buy if I need when I am going back to work.  For the sake of the new room, I am trying to 断舍离 as much as possible.  But there are still things that I hold on to although I am fully aware that I am not using them..... somehow.  I am not going to minimize until I got nothing left, will do as long as I have enough storage.  I don't want bursting cabinets and things overflowing cluttering living space.  I still enjoying possessions in a way but not too much so that I don't have to spend my life packing things over and over again.

Also, the miserable small Mayer outlet didn't have charcoal filter in store, so it was a total wasted trip.

Anyway, we bought dinner back, didn't expect the taste was so China, we quite like it but not for the kids.  Luckily we bought an extra pizza for them.


Their ice lemon and milk tea not bad.  We were attracted to the cute zip lock packaging lolxx...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: 10/08/2021 (Tues)


Brunch, egg toasts and portobello mushroom pies.

Nice sia.

I was quite tired clearing up Luis's room, dinner I only steamed this emperor chicken and pan fried an omelette.  Took more than 30mins to make it hot.
Very yummy, I like the sauce, goes well with rice.

I was looking for a new bedside table to put my water bottle and humidifier.
This seems to fit into the room's design, I will see again once the wall paper and beds are up.

 Also a side study table for Luis, he say he wanted to put his study lap top.  PapaVoo will make noise if he spends to much at one go, so I will go slow and see how in Sep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...