Friday 22 April 2022

Life in Abu Dhabi UAE, Day 5

 Date: 21/03/2022 (Mon)


It's a cleaning and shopping day.

My baby sis shifted into this apartment about a month.  Workers only cleaned what could be seen, behind those kitchen cabinets were quite messy.  I anxiously put all the chinese dry herbs into the fridge for fear they might rot when summer comes.
But later I realised that the weather is so good and dry, despite of the high temperature, the herbs will be fine in the cabinets as long as they are not under the sun.

Abu Dhabi Mall was the first mall I visited.  It's so spacious with very few shoppers, the kind of space which we will never have in Singapore.

I came here for the Daiso to get some organizers.  Daiso here bo lang one, it's a different culture here, the locals don't normally go for cheap stuffs, so only some expats patronizes.
What I thought was the best but not so to my sis.  It's hard to comprehend but she's not into organizing especially behind the doors, she said organizers takes up space and it's a waste of money.  So I filled up whatever I had bought and had to leave the rest of the cabinets alone.

Brunch at Wagamama which serves some Japanese but not exactly Japanese food.

Nice ambience and bo lang.

I had teriyaki chicken which came with a drink, I think it's about AED50.
Gotten a pleasant view of a hotel pool and river cannel.

I was having a hard time with my newly bought selfie stick, it's so flimsy and difficult to hold lolxx...

Need to try Mcdonald's at least once.

Same brand but different from Singapore.

I managed to find a modern abaya below S$50.
I like the light material and also, super 难得 (rare find), the length was PERFECT!
Can wear to the Grand Mosque, no need to rent, I don't like to wear rented stuff sia.

There's a section  of H&M Home, but were so expensive.


Our local brand make it to UAE, surprise.  But if they still continue to manufacture uncomfortable ill fitting shoes, they are not going to last de...

This place, flooded with...... how to say..... people looking for cheap cheap deals, I was one of them.

By chance, I found this bikini top with nice material, thick cups and nice secure buckle for only AED32.

I tugged back a few bags but it's not the end.

I went to this chinese supermarket called WeMart.

Frozen durian lolxx...


Came back home, steamed salted egg yolk buns, meat buns and siew mai for dinner.

Not the best, but I was happy to be home with simple food.

旺旺 for later part of the day.

Cheese cake for tomorrow's breakfast.

After dinner went to the pool to see my baby sis's physical training.

When you are reading this post, I had already confirmed a 4 days KL trip with my old man on 29 Apr, and I haven't even clear my luggage from UAE, heehee....  I won't be bringing my laptop, so my back dated posts will snow ball further.  Though you guys are silent most of the time, I hope you guys don't mind and come back to this little blog ya?

Old man wanted to catch the long weekend.  Actually what's the point when he have more than enough leave to clear?  Anyway, I must be so hai to reject him, so I went ahead to do all the research and bookings (in mad hurry) then swipe his card lolxx....    Return air tix to KL was about S$500 which was totally absurd, we might as well fly to back UAE.  So I booked coach instead, I hope my back wouldn't break.

We are going to board the coach from Tampines Hub (yay!) and the coach will drop us right in front of our hotel, so this is the beauty of bus, no need extra transfer, also no need PCR and other rubbish.

It's time to stretch ourselves after more than 2 years of imprisonment, go to hell with Covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...