Sunday 24 April 2022

Life in Abu Dhabi UAE, Day 6

 Date: 22/03/2022 (Tues)


Quick bite, cos I was so late at 10.15am, haiz.....

Selfie in car. 
Took about 1.5hrs to reach Dubai, it's our first time to Dubai Expo 2022.  The exhibition ended on 31 Mar, glad that I made it in time to visit at least once.

Sheik Zayed Bridge.

I was told the highway was build specially for Dubai Expo 2022.
Later, I found out that the location was away from the city.

We went to The Town Center shopping mall to have lunch cos my sis said there was nothing to eat in the Expo (then when we reached there, saw a lot of food options lolxx... probably due to Covid ba, regulations kept changing).

Anyway, it was good here, my first UAE Mcdonald's experience.

Yummy juicy quarter pounder.
After filling up, we drove back to the Expo carpark.

My sis only told me it's big, never say it was the size of a few stadiums.  My jaw dropped and couldn't close back just by looking at the carpark, not yet the Expo itself.

Ok, the carpark was freaking enormous, with several shuttle bus stops, we took one of these bus to reach the entrance of Expo.  Took about 5mins or slightly more, driver drove slowly cos there were standing passengers.  I feel that the people here cares more...... in comparison, our buses here, drove off regardless passengers stood still or not, jam brakes for fun....
Singapore is actually quite advance, but the society just CMI.... 

Lots and lots of people, lots and lots of flags which I couldn't identify, sorry bo tuck chey (never study).


Still at the entrance.
Btw, I gotten my complimentary ticket from Etihad airways.

Security check (like the airport) before entering.

Australia pavilion.



Thailand pavilion, took us 30mins to get in.



This pic taken after I returned of course, souvenirs from Thailand pavilion, gotten a scarf, note book and a badge.

Belgium pavilion.



Korea with very very long snake queue, so never go in.



We covered most of the green, pink and blue, a bit of yellow and left out the purple.


Cambodia.

I became very emotional.....


Germany pavilion, didn't join the super long queue.  Unlike my fellow Singaporeans, I really really hate to queue, most of the time I rather give it a miss even if it's heaven inside.


This belonged to Saudi Arabia, very futuristic, you can see the amount of people queuing from the building's reflection.

So cute, the flower shop.


Poland pavilion.





Alright, this was Singapore, copied and pasted from GBB.

Very crowded also, took pics and walked off lolxx..


The fountain was my main purpose.  I can imagine how beautiful it is against the sunset, minus the crowd.


I took a pic here and never stepped down further.

Reality VS Picture.

Had beef noodles (why I kept eating beef noodles??) in the food court.

Then lights were up, so beautiful.....

Was hoping to see more colorful lights, disappointed, didn't have.

Night was beautiful but had to go back early, I was dead beat any way.


Thank you for the wonderful experience Dubai Expo 2020, see you in Osaka 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jan 2024, back in Singapore

08/01/2024 Part of what we bought in Turkiye. Sis bought this for us in Abu Dhabi, it's sweet and weirdly addictive. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...